Tuesday 7 July 2009

A2 Project Brief

This year A2 students would be expected to create a range of projects using various skills and developing them of a higher level compared to AS. As a group we decided on one brief we all agreed on and it was

A promotion package for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, together of two of the following three options:

  • A website for the band;
  • A cover for it's release as part of a digipak (CD/DVD package);
  • A magazine advertisement for the digipak (CD/DVD package);

We then decided that we would chose to do the cover and the magazine advert. We thought it would be easier as in the previous year we had already developed skills in designing covers. Even though the standard would have to be equal as the video we had to make we thought we would have a better chance of designing to a high quality.

At the same time we would be coming in to a whole new area of video, we would have to look into music videos and the music industry developing a wider range of skills.


To be able to achieve the grades I want to come out for me at the end of the year, when producing my work I will keep to the mark scheme and make sure that it is clear what level I am aiming for.

I will make it clear the different between basic and proficient work is compared to excellent.

For my research I would need to make sure it relates to my potential target audience and the whole feel of the video.

I would need to make sure the organisation of the characters, locations, costumes and props and really clear and detailed.

I would have to handle my time management extremely well, preventing to fall behind which could possible make my work more rushed and less good quality due to rushing it.

My presentation would have had to be well thought out, making it overall very well presented being clear and neat. Also making it look good.

Another thing I would need to make clear is skills I have used or learnt throughout my project to keep my work at a high level making it seem more complex and professional. Also making sure that I have excellent communication skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment