Saturday, 28 November 2009
Working on our music video we used Final cut express. We started off by deleting scenes that either went wrong or didnt look good. After doing this we needed to cut it down and fit it together keeping in mind the changes of the lyrics/beats in the music. We had to be very precise when cutting the clips down as some of the beat changes were very quick. After doing this throughout and making sure the clips are all rendered, we were able to add affects to it such as sepia or black and white. These mainly outlined the flashbacks. To add in the lyrics in the background, we had to change the scene into a photograph then draw on the lyrics, we then changed this photo to be inserted while the scene was playing, making it in the background yet the scenes are still rolling.
Wednesday, 25 November 2009
To get an idea of what our album cover would look like we got some basic photos on the internet of what we would want to be on the cover and played around with them on photoshop.
This was the basic idea of what our album would look like
We then played around with some effects that would look appealing and quite liked the effect gave the cover this basic look.
Using the picture we had a look at some of the effects with things such as filter gallery and picked out ones we thought suited the cover best such as 'Film Grain' which is shown above.
We then tried to advance our skills on photoshop such as black and white/colour effects.
Using the rubber tool to make certain things stand out and using the 'Photo Filter' tool to make things a certain shade of colour.
Compared to the original picture of this which was mulit-coloured we set this one out to have the british colours to suit our 'British version' of the cover. As most of the filming was set out in London and we had footage of many London monuments we decided to do a british one and then decide which one we prefered.
For things such as our advert we had to things such as 'invert' the characters as they were drawn in black and were needed in white.
Wednesday, 11 November 2009
Having a look at some of the previous feeling covers we decided to keep with the orginial theme and work off them. We discussed that they mostly usually contain objects with something to do with the video with a few random objects with a pop arty effect. When filming as we went along we took photos of things that we would be able to put on the cover that would reflect on the video yet fit well together.
Friday, 6 November 2009
We experimented around in what kind of ways we could use text in our video rather than a band due to the difficulty we thought we would find and the little time margin we had. We thought of things such as using text on a bus advertisement, general billboard or a magazine. So we made a newspaper article using a website with the lyrics imprinted on and a picture of where the dead character would go. However we thought it was best not to use a newspaper as we would have to include it in the video and we didn't have space to fit it in for viewers to get a good clear look at the newspaper as our storyline is packed we didn't have enough room to fit it in.
Sunday, 1 November 2009
We went back to London in the evening to Film things such as the caraousel lit up at night. We filmed most of the flashbacks to contrast with what was going on in the rest of the video. The carousel mainly was the scene that worked best especially when we put it in sepia to give it a flashback effect. We also filmed the beach scene at night as this is when the tide went out. We also put the sepia effect on this as it made it less dreary.